Department of Computer Science at IIT Ropar invites bright and motivated individuals to apply for M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering.
About M. Tech. program: M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering is a course oriented graduate program where students has to do 33 credits of course work and 28 credits of project work. First two semesters are typically course work, followed by two semesters of project work. The program offer enough flexibility that during the course students can preprare themselves for either a career in industry, or in research/higher students or in entrepreneurship. Salient features of the our M. Tech. program:
- Core courses strengthen the base in computer science and provide equal platform for students of various backgrounds
- Sufficient choice of electives, such that student can chose the subjects according to their research interest or to widen their expertise
- Seminars and presentations to improve communication and written skills
- Project work of two full semesters can increase the depth of student in a particular area of computer science
- Final project can be research or implementation oriented based on student choice
For More details about the program: visit http://cse.iitrpr.ac.in/mtech
Candidates are shortlisted based on eligibility requirements. Shortlisted candidates are called for interview/test. Minimum eligibility to apply for M Tech in CSE is B.Tech/ B.E/ M.Sc/ MCA in Computer Science and Engineering or related areas with valid GATE score in CS & IT. B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without valid GATE score
Why Join CSE @ IIT Ropar
Computer science department at IIT Ropar offer many unique opportunities and benefits to its research students.
Student benefits for M. Tech:
- All M. Tech. students get scholarship of Rs 12400/- per month.
- Student accommodation is provided based on availability
- CSE department has the best placement record in IIT Ropar, many software giants visits for campus placements.
Healthy research/academic environment:
- Young and dynamic faculty with world class experience in research
- Diverse areas of research and excellent track record
- State of the art computing infrastructure
- Small department gives flexibility to have more interaction with faculty mentor
- World class digital library – all major journals are available
- Opportunities to connect with industry
- Wide range of eminent international visitors
- Currently IIT Ropar is operating from a transit campus that is also self sufficient. For example has three boys’ hostels, one girls’ hostels, guest house, sports facilities for cricket, football, tennis, basketball, badminton, etc.
- From this session (2017-2018) we will shift to new campus that is built in more than 500 acres of land and has got five GRIHA rating for green buildings. The campus would have all state of the art facilities. The new campus is very close to bank of Satluj river.
- Ropar is a historical town on the bank of river Satluj, big enough to fulfill all sufficient requirements and small enough to avoid pollution and distractions of a metro city.
- Ropar is well connected to all parts of India via rail/road/air. Chandigarh airport is at one hour drive from IIT Ropar.
- Ropar is gateway for many hill stations, like Kullu, Manali, Dharamshala. Other tourist locations like Amritser, Patiala are at couple of hours drive away.