Admissions Jan 2019
We are pleased to release the list of candidates shortlisted for our PhD program and the shortlisting criteria beulow. Please go through the shortlisting criteria, and cross-check your qualification. If you qualify any of the criteria but do not find your name in the list of shortlisted candidates, email us immediately with the exact criterion that qualifies you. If you do not qualify any of the criteria, but still find your name in the list of shortlisted candidates, then also email us immediately to confirm your qualification.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited soon to visit IIT Ropar for further assessment. These candidates will have to go through the procedure explained in the document provided below.
Note that document verification will be done to confirm your qualification, during the selection process. During your visit, do not forget to bring all the documents that validate the information provided by you in the application form. You would be asked to highlight at least one criterion in support of your qualification. Failing to do so, would disqualify you from participating in the remaining selection process. So, cross-check the shortlisting criteria carefully by yourself, even if your name is in the shortlisted list.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.
Join CSE@ IIT Ropar as research student
Department of Computer Science at IIT Ropar invites bright and motivated individuals to apply for MS(R)/PhD.
About MS(R) program: MS by research is a research oriented masters program, where students need to credit less number of courses (typically 5-7). Rest of the student’s time is spent in working on a research problem. Typically student spend 2-4 semester working on research and 2 semester for courses. An MS(R) degree can be a stepping stone for a PhD degree or a research career in industry.
About PhD program: PhD is typically the highest degree offered by any institute in the world. After initial course work (3-7 courses depending on background), student spend most of his time in working on researchs problems. Typically PhD in computer science takes 4-5 years to finish.
Why Join CSE @ IIT Ropar
The Computer Science and Engineering department at IIT Ropar offers many unique opportunities and benefits to its research students.
Student benefits for PhD:
- All institute scholars of Rs 25000/- for first two years and Rs 25000/- for next three years.
- Enhanced scholarship under some schemes and external agencies like TCS fellowships.
- Support for attending national and international conferences.
- Student accommodation is provided based on availability.
Healthy research environment:
- Young and dynamic faculty with world class experience in research.
- State of the art computing infrastructure.
- Small department gives flexibility to have more interaction with faculty mentor.
- World class digital library – all major journals are available.
- Opportunities to connect with industry.
- Wide range of eminent international visitors.
- Currently IIT Ropar is operating from a transit campus that is also self sufficient. For example has three boys’ hostels, one girls’ hostels, guest house, sports facilities for cricket, football, tennis, basketball, badminton, etc.
- In June 2018, we will shift to the permanent campus that is built in more than 500 acres of land and has got five GRIHA rating for green buildings. The campus would have all state of the art facilities. The new campus is very close to bank of Satluj river.
- Ropar is a historical town on the bank of river Satluj, big enough to fulfill all sufficient requirements and small enough to avoid pollution and distractions of a metro city.
- Students who want to stay in a metro city, IIT Ropar provides all facilities (like cab service) to Chandigarh, the city beautiful. Chandigarh is one hour drive from IIT Ropar.
- Ropar is well connected to all parts of India via rail/road/air. Chandigarh airport is at one hour drive from IIT Ropar.
- Ropar is gateway for many hill stations, like Kullu, Manali, Dharamshala. Other tourist locations like Amritser, Patiala are at couple of hours drive away.
If you still have questions, please visit FAQ page